Custom widget duplicated in list of widgets

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:50

Custom widget duplicated in list of widgets

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Oct-2016 00:00

Hi,

I'm making my first steps on Sitefinity. Installed the trial version yesterday, and now playing around with it. 

I'm trying to create a custom widget, and I followed the steps described here:
docs.sitefinity.com/for-developers-add-an-mvc-widget-to-the-toolbox

This works great, I can see the widget in the list of widgets in category "MVC" and with name "Features".

I then wanted to change the category, and see what the difference is between Name and Title, so I changed the attributes in my controller to:
[ControllerToolboxItem(Name = "Features A", Title = "Features B", SectionName = "MyCustomWidgets")]

I restarted the project again to see the effects, and now I see both category "MVC" (with a widget named "Features") and "MyCustomWidgets" (with a widget named "Features B") in the list.

How can I get rid of the old widget in category "MVC" named "Features" ?

And while we're asking, what is the difference between the Name and Title property, as I only seem to get the Title value in the list of widgets, and I don't see the Name value popping up anywhere?

Thank you in advance!
Kurt

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Nov-2016 00:00

Hi Kurt,

When if you will change the widget name in ControllerToolboxItem attribute of your controller, Sitefinity will register another widget with a new name.

If you want to get rid of widget, you can do it in two ways:

1) Edit configuration file manually \App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration\ToolboxesConfig.configfind and remove line related to old widget

2) Edit settings from Sitefinity backend. Go to Administration -> Settings -> Advanced ->  Toolboxes -> Toolboxes -> Page Controls -> MVC -> Tools  and delete unnecessary widget

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Nov-2016 00:00

Hi Victor,

Thanks a lot for the clear steps, I managed to get rid of the old widget now.
So I understand that changing the name does not automatically replace the old widget with the renamed one., but instead will create a new copy of the widget. Didn't knew about that, so good to know :)

Kurt

This thread is closed