Add Custom field to SitefinityProfile without authentication

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:39

Add Custom field to SitefinityProfile without authentication.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2016 00:00

Hi,

I am using the following page for source http://docs.sitefinity.com/for-developers-create-yes-no-fields     I have attached on
Bootstrapper.Initialized += Bootstrapper_Initialized; and my code is running when this event is raised.  When the program reach typeContext.SaveChanges();  it throws an exception with this message:

Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Data.StaticRoot, Telerik.Sitefinity was not granted ChangeConfigurations in Backend for principals with IDs 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

It means that I should be logged in the system to do the operation. So i need to run this code without authentication (automatically add fields if they not exists),  while system is initializing.

Is there any way to archive this ?
I am using Sitefinty 9.0.6000.0

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2016 00:00

Hi Mihail, You need to login  as administrator user in the beginning

User user;
SecurityManager.AuthenticateUser(Membership.Provider.Name, "admin", true, out user);

Then do your job with fields.

And log out from admin at the end.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2016 00:00

Hi, Thanks for reply.

A consider logging in user with administration privileges may cause security issues. I am worried about, if the logout fails for some reason. Next client accessing the site will be logged as admin.

I will try this code later.  Just wondering is there a way without login as administrator. Like:

using (new ElevatedModeRegion(newsManager))
     newsManager.Provider.SuppressSecurityChecks = true;

// add, modify, delete news. Etc... (without authentication)
     newsManager.Provider.SuppressSecurityChecks = false;

This thread is closed