SiteSync Issue with Forms

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:36

SiteSync Issue with Forms

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2017 00:00

I am trying to use the  SiteSync software we just purchased and am receiving the errors below on 2 out of 40 forms.

I have tried to delete them via the backend but I still get these errors.  Can you please tell me how to resolve this issue? Can I overwrite the forms? Can I Delete from DB? I am happy to use the SiteSync API if the solution requires.

Telerik.Sitefinity.Forms.Model.FormDescription: Change of Qualification and RTO - failed
Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.MS.ServiceModel.Web.WebProtocolException: An item with name 'sf_changeofqualificationandrto' already exists. Please change the name or delete the existing item first.
Telerik.Sitefinity.Forms.Model.FormDescription: Assignment (Transfer) - failed
Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.MS.ServiceModel.Web.WebProtocolException: An item with name 'sf_assignmenttransfer' already exists. Please change the name or delete the existing item first. 

The database on the destination server is a two month old copy of the source (Active development) database . Copying the whole database again is not really possible, which is why we purchased siteSync.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2017 00:00

Hi Matt,

As i know, initial requirement before set up SiteSync module, make all DB is identical. In other case it can be problems 

Please check documentation: docs.sitefinity.com/prerequisites-and-restrictions

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2017 00:00

Hi Victor, thanks for the reply.

The only difference between the source and destination DB is the development changes I have been making for the next iteration, which suggest that SiteSync is sadly not a capable as discussed in previous forum posts.
I will copy the DB again but it is an unsettling thought that I might one day make a changes that I cant sync to production, this would be a disaster. (this is not directed at you, I'm just venting a little)

thanks again.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2017 00:00

For future users, I was able work around this issue by duplicating the troubled Forms and Syncing those. 

This thread is closed