The Application Pool behing Sitefinity is crashing on a regu

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:13

The Application Pool behing Sitefinity is crashing on a regular basis

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Mar-2017 00:00

Hello everyone, the pool of my application is being recycled continuously ,in the event viewer to see this exception:

Message: Type is not resolved for member 'Microsoft.IdentityModel.Claims.ClaimsPrincipal, Microsoft.IdentityModel, Version = 3.5.0.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = 31bf3856ad364e35'.

Someone can tell me what may be happening

It would be of help

regards

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Mar-2017 00:00

I have a few questions...

1. What version of Sitefinity is the site running?
  2. Did you add, remove, and change any functionality to your Sitefinity site before this error started happening?
  3. Did you make any setting changes just before this error started happening?

Any additional details you can provide will help.  Thanks.

Craig

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Mar-2017 00:00

Hello, the sitefinity version is 9.1. No changes have been made to the modules or site configuration.

regards

Hello, the sitefinity version is 9.1. No changes have been made to the modules or site configuration.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2017 00:00

Edwin, do you have the recommended memory requirement for running a Sitefinity website?  

Sitefinity recommends 500+ MB of memory to run a Sitefinity website, but if you have more, use it.  You can read more about that at this URL... 

http://docs.sitefinity.com/deploy-projects-to-shared-hosting

Also, something I have done in the past is generate my own machineKey in the web.config file.  I have seen this used when Sitefinity is deployed in a shared web hosting solution.  Below is a great article from code project that will show you how to add this to your web.config.

https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/221889/How-to-Generate-Machine-Key-in-IIS

Let me know if either of these items will help.

Craig

This thread is closed