Upload dialogue box size bug in IE11 - window height is crop

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:18

Upload dialogue box size bug in IE11 - window height is cropped - CSS style issue?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2017 00:00

I'm looking for a permanent fix, but I did figure out a workaround (see below).

This bug recently appeared for several users in my company using IE11. (it doesn't appear in Chrome.) It affects the document and image upload screens. I tracked it down specifically to  an iframe element that contains the upload dialogue window. (the Documents and files manager window will appear normal but once you click to start uploading the window is cropped to about 150 pixels.)

My workaround:
The affected iframe* is <iframe name="upload"... >
- Right-click into the dialogue box and select Inspect element
- find the iframe in the DOM Explorer and click it
- then in the Styles pane change the height from 100% to 800px (or so)

That fixes it for that session. We're just having to re-do it each time we navigate away or log out and come back later. (I just leave that tab open while I'm working). 

*You could also change the height of  its parent element div.RadWindow .rwContentRow td.rwWindowContent. I just find that the "upload" iframe is just a little easier to spot when you're scanning the DOM tree. I can't tell which element is actually Patient Zero but tweaking either of those corrects it. This might be all be an IE-side problem, but I'm hanging this out here just in case.

This thread is closed