Custom PageNode fields not persisting in database

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:06

Custom PageNode fields not persisting in database

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jun-2017 00:00

I have a pretty simple yet frustrating problem trying to add new custom fields to our website. 

I've inherited a website developed by a third party company, currently rolling with Sitefinity version 7.3.5610.0.  Our default page template came complete with a handful of custom fields to add a page link to the banner that persists across every page. I'm trying to add an additional custom text field to add an option to link offsite to a URL. 

I can get the field to show up no problem, but I'm at a loss on how to force this field to presist in the page_node table. I've tried manually adding the field to the config files (all 6 of the frontend/backend create/edit/dialog), as well as adding it using the frontend interface in the advanced settings. Both ways fail to create a column for the new field in the database.

I've been fighting this issue all day now, and I'm ready to reach out for some extra assistance.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jun-2017 00:00

Hi Jason,

Based on your description, i understood that you are trying to add fields through configs.

Easiest way to add custom fields to page, is to use interface. Go to the backend -> Pages and then in right sidebar you will find "Custom fields"

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jun-2017 00:00

Wow, thank you, that's exactly what I needed. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out!

This thread is closed