Type "Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Reference" cann

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:25

Type "Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Reference" cannot be resolved.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Aug-2017 00:00

I am currently on Sitefinity 10.1.6502.0 and have added a Sitefinity Module using Visual Studio Thunder after the building and when I run the application I am getting the following error.  What do I need to do to get this resolved? Thanks

Server Error in '/' Application.

Type "Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Reference" cannot be resolved.Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Type "Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Reference" cannot be resolved.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentException: Type "Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Reference" cannot be resolved.] Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.TypeConverters.TypeResolutionService.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +1319 Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.TypeConverters.TypeResolutionService.GetType(String name) +8 Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.TypeConverters.TypeResolutionService.ResolveType(String name) +18 Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ResourceLinks.RegisterResource(ResourceFile resource) +55 Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ResourceLinks.CreateChildControls() +541 System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +92 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +42 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +160 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +160 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +160 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +160 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +985

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.2103.2

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2017 00:00

Can someone from Sitefinity Team please help with this. 

This thread is closed