Question about dynamic module backend list view

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:20

Question about dynamic module backend list view

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2017 00:00

Hi everyone, 

I have a dynamic module and one of its fields is a GUID for a page that I choose with a custom page selector field that I implemented, but as I said this field only saves GUID for the page and I need to display the name of that page in the item list backend view (See attached image), instead of the GUID.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in Advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2017 00:00

What version of Sitefinity?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2017 00:00

Version 10.1

Does your custom page selector do things differently than using the out of the box one for dynamic modules? Sorry I guess the out of the box doesn't show the Title/name either, thought it did. In the Settings > Advanced >Content View > Control > Your Dynamic Module > Views > moduleNameBackendList >View Modes > Grid > Columns 

You can add custom columns there, I have not done it but I think within the template area of a pass the guid back to a service retrieve the name a display it. You'll have to attach a load script I think

Do you have an example on how to do this? I have searched everywhere and I haven´t been able to find an example on how to implement this.

Do you have an example on how to do this? I have searched everywhere and I haven´t been able to find an example on how to implement this.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2017 00:00
This thread is closed