Override Dynamic Modules Backend Views

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:38

Override Dynamic Modules Backend Views

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Dec-2017 00:00

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding dynamic modules. I want to be able to modify or even override, the add and edit backend views created by the dynamic module (See attached image), because I want to display dropdowns that display info retrieved from a database outside from Sitefinity or even have buttons that execute custom web services, or just change the layout of how the information is displayed.

Is there a way to acomplish this with only modifying the default views created by Sitefinity? Or the only way is to override them?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2017 00:00

If you wanted to 'override' the view look at the View Type* Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicModules.Web.UI.Backend.DynamicContentDetailFormView, Telerik.Sitefinity. If you use JustDecompile get the markup paste it into a new file in your project and modify. I have never done this so it's all in theory. 

*ViewType is located under DynamicModules>Controls>DynamicModuleName>ModuleNameBackendEditView

If you want to reorder the fields on the edit/create or list screens you can do that through the UI of Sitefinity by going to the Module Builder clicking your module and Backend screen tweaks.

The best way to modify the editor is to create custom fields and setup the property to use the custom editor when you are setting up the module. Here is the docs for that: https://docs.sitefinity.com/overview-custom-fields

This thread is closed