Accessing Custom Page Fields in List View

Posted by rwaltst on 03-Jul-2019 18:55

I am looking to add an additional column to the Sitefinity back end page list view. Adding an additional column with an additional field works fine, but pulling a custom field made by me results in a "Uncaught Reference Error: CustomField is not defined".

Is there a way to pull information from a custom field added to the page view?

All Replies

Posted by jread on 08-Jul-2019 13:57

If you are using Sitefinity v12 then you should add custom fields through the Sitefinity UI or C# API.  Here is an article for reference: www.progress.com/.../for-developers-add-custom-fields-to-pages

Posted by rwaltst on 08-Jul-2019 17:38

Thanks for the response. I am able to add the custom field to the page, but the problem is pulling the value of that custom field on the list view of the pages. In my screenshot above, BackEndName already exists, but Sitefinity can't seem to find it in this specific section of the settings (Advanced Settings -> ContentView -> Controls -> FrontEndPages -> Views -> FrontEndPagesListView -> View Modes -> Tree Table)

Posted by jread on 09-Jul-2019 16:11

What version of Sitefinity are you using?

Posted by rwaltst on 09-Jul-2019 16:31

I am on version 11.2

Posted by jread on 10-Jul-2019 12:23

You most likely will need to override the service that returns the page data to include your field.  Here is an article that explains that process. community.progress.com/.../49682

If you are able to upgrade to Sitefinity v12 you can add columns to the page grid view much easier using the new interface.  The new Admin App is a typescript node app and here are some instructions to use to add custom functionality.  github.com/.../sitefinity-admin-app-extensions

This thread is closed