Upgrade issues

Posted by Ram Krishnan on 19-Nov-2018 14:10

I am trying to upgrade a sitefinity instance from Sitefinity 8.0.5701 to sitefinity 11.1.6800. took a while to upgrade using nuget and had some issues after the upgrade. I had to remove some files like socialshare files and imagegallery files from the resource package before finally managing to build the solution. It builds fine and works fine on the development machine. 

When I move it to our production server, it gives me an error on initialization.

Initialization failed

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Validation' or one of its dependencies. The user name or password is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007052E)

at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMarkHandle stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName, ObjectHandleOnStack type) at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName) at System.RuntimeType.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.Type.GetType(String typeName) at Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.ContainerModel.Unity.UnityContainerConfigurator.AddValidationExtension() at Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.ContainerModel.Unity.UnityContainerConfigurator..ctor(IUnityContainer container) at Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.Unity.EnterpriseLibraryCoreExtension.Initialize() at Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.AddExtension(UnityContainerExtension extension) at Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.ObjectFactory.RegisterIoCTypes() at Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.Bootstrap() at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModule.<>c.<BootstrapAsync>b__4_0(Object ctx) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
The current web site has been upgraded from Sitefinity 5 to Sitefinity 8.0 to sitefinity 11.1.6800
I looked at the Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities and it does have anything to do with validation. I have another web site on 11.0.6701 on the same server which works fine, but was built with 8.0 and upgraded recently and works fine on teh same server.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ram

All Replies

This thread is closed