Documentation

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:17

Documentation

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2010 00:00

Hi,

Is there any developer or user documentation for 4.0 yet?

Thanks,

Its under the download link (pdf, and chm)

http://www.sitefinity.com/account/free-trials.aspx

Of course, I knew that. Thanks for pointing out my obvious glaring oversight :)

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Apr-2010 00:00

The .zip file for the development documentation seems corrupt? Anyone else has this problem?

-Daniel-

Hello Daniel,

Did you try downloading it from this location? It is a .rar achive and you can open it with WinRar. I have just downloaded it and extracted the documentation -no problems. Do you get any errors?

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.

No I downloaded it from this location:
http://www.sitefinity.com/account/free-trials/download-trial-file.aspx?fileid=10336&dispkey=True

Inside my account. There it is a .zip file.
I'll try the .rar!

Thanks,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I checked the download directly through your account and it is working for me. Please clear the browser cache and history. There could be some old reference left, because we moved the file yesterday from one location to another.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.

Well, the .rar file works. Great. Thanks, Daniel

You know what, I downloaded the zip here at work and it was all good, but at home last night it was corrupt every time

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2010 00:00

Just dragging this up to add a comment.

I have to admit that find it frustrating at times, working with Telerik examples and snippets, because they typically use abbreviated object references and also typically don't provide the assumed "using" directives that allow such references.

Personally, I would find snippets and examples much easier to work with, if they used qualified references, so I can more easily understand the application and its dependencies without needing to spend time searching for them.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2010 00:00

Hello MB,

Thank you for your feedback. 
I must say that I totally agree with you, and we have taken this in mind. We will try to provide the code snippets that we post in the forums with full references though, since your idea is also valid for them.

Thanks again for your time.

Kind regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

This thread is closed