Missing file

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:25

Missing file

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2010 00:00

I cant seem to build the webapp...

Error   1   Copying file Sitefinity\Services\Content\Blogs.svc to obj\Debug\Package\PackageTmp\Sitefinity\Services\Content\Blogs.svc failed. Could not find file 'Sitefinity\Services\Content\Blogs.svc'.       0   0   SitefinityWebApp

I don't see the file there myself either, and create a new project to a different directory yeilds the same results.

Hey Steve,

I can't reproduce this.  I opened Sitefinity's Project Manager, created a new project, opened the Sitefinity Web Application in Visual Studio 2008, right-clicked the project, clicked Build and it succeeded.

What steps can I use to reproduce this?

Gabe Sumner
Telerik | Sitefinity CMS

Build seems to work here too, but if I try and Publish it craps out

I see the Blogs.svc in the solution, but clicking it gives

"The item 'Blogs.svc' does not exist in the project directory.  It may have been moved, renamed or deleted"

and indeed the only files I have in that dir (under both installations) are
ContentService.svc
Generic.svc

(using 2010)

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Apr-2010 00:00

Hello Steve,

We are not able to reproduce this issue locally.  These web service was used in one of the previous versions of 4.0. The Blogs.svc is deleted from the project our our code does not call it. Make sure that you do not have an old version installed. You could send a screenscast or steps- by - step screenshots that illustrates the problem, so we could try to reproduce it locally.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.

Ok, I've got some screenshots, how would you like them sent-over?

I dont appear to be able to attach to this message, and the "submit a support ticket" link above goes to my SF Standard bucket.

You know what, might as well leverage my DropBox :)

One
Two
Three

(If you've never used DropBox, you really need to start :)

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2010 00:00

Hi Steve,

There are only two services that we add with the default installation  under Sitefinity\Services\Content

ContentService.svc
Generic.svc

All other services are not used and you should not have them.

I performed a search in the whole solution and could not find any reference to Blogs.svc. You could also look for the Blogs.svc in your solution. Anyway, I will see whether we have missed something that generates this wrong reference.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.

You can see the missing svc in the solution explorer in image 3 (that don't exist on the file system)

So am I good to just delete them and publish?

Hi Steve,

Could you try the following? Close the project if it is open in VS. Then in Windows explorer browse to the directory where the website has been created. There you will see the SitefinityWebApp.csproj, open this file in note pad for edit and in the section where web services are declared remove the ones for Blogs, News, and Events:

<ItemGroup>
  <Content Include="Sitefinity\Services\Content\Blogs.svc" />
  <Content Include="Sitefinity\Services\Content\Events.svc" />
  <Content Include="Sitefinity\Services\Content\News.svc" />
</ItemGroup>

Remove those 3 lines and save the file. Then open your file in VS and try publishing it.

Sincerely yours,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed