Error while page editing

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:58

Error while page editing

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2010 00:00

I've seen this a few times.
The virtual path '/4%20Test/home/Action/Edit' maps to another application, which is not allowed.
If I publish and go back into edit. The content displays fine.

I am running within the built-in web server on a Windows 7 machine.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2010 00:00

Hello Scott Rozman,

Thank you for using our services.

We have managed to reproduce this issue - it is due to the white space character in the name of the virtual directory. We have logged the bug for fixing and will kindly ask you not to use white space characters in the names of your projects as a workaround.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2012 00:00

We're getting a similar error when creating a new user. We are using 4.4 Standard Edition. We had this error in 4.3 and thought by upgrading it might fix the issue, but it did not. Below is the actual error.

The virtual path 'null' maps to another application, which is not allowed.
Thanks,

Scott

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2012 00:00

Sorry, it's SF 4.4 Community Edition that is having the problem. We have another 4.4 Standard Edition that is working correctly.

I should also note that it works from Visual Studio and then stops working when deploying to our server.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jan-2012 00:00

Any update on this? It must be something with the way I'm publishing the site because it works locally and not on the server for two different sites now.

Here's all the details:

1. I get this error on one site when creating users.
2. I get the error on another application when trying to create Themes and Pages.

Can you at least offer a suggestion on how to debug this? Should I enable SVC logging? I see nothing in the SF Error.log file.

Thanks,

Scott.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

We have been unable to reproduce the issue locally. Can you please enable service tracing and send us the trace log files?

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2012 00:00

Radoslav,

I was able to track down the issue using the Firebug Network tab. It looks like Sitefinity relies on the PUT and DELETE verbs very heavily in the back end. We have URL Scan installed which by default prevents these verbs. I was able to remove this restriction and add pages, themes, content, etc.

We are in the process of running security vulnerability scans on our internal servers to determine if there is any risk in allowing these verbs, but so far we don't see any issues.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello,

Yes we do need PUT and DELETE HTTP verbs to be allowed. However we heavily rely on authentication and permissions for all actions. If a user (anonymous or authenticated) does not have privileges to complete an action, e.g. create a content item or delete it, the service will return an unauthorized exception.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed