how to?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:45

how to?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Apr-2010 00:00

Just played around with 4.0 for 1 hours

Here are some how to's I need some help?

1) how to move pages in hiarchy. Drag and drop from the old 3.7
2) how to link to external page
3) how to link to internal page (not section)
4) how to add pages in different languages
5) enable Workflow
6) rollback History

Thanks Markus

Hi Markus Berchtold,

Please, find my answers to your questions bellow:

1) how to move pages in hiarchy. Drag and drop from the old 3.7

This is not yet available in Sitefnity  4.0 CTP. We are surely going to have this though.

2) how to link to external page
Unfortunately this is not available yet too, that is if you are talking about creating pages of type external in the site map.

3) how to link to internal page (not section)

Could you clarify on what you are trying to do, I am not sure I understand your question?

4) how to add pages in different languages
Localization (creating pages and content items in different languages) is not available in the CTP.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.

Dear Radoslav

Thanks for clearing point 1./2./4. up. Happy to know I was not to dumb to find it :-)

Concerning 3)

I want users to be able to link to a certain page within sitefintiy from multiple places within the navigation.

So I want the possibility to link to an internal page the same as I would to an external page.

Like in 3.7

Page type
- Normal Page (displays its won content)
- Page Group (redirects to its first sub-page)
- External Page (outside Siefinity)

and new

- Internal Page (inside Sitefinity)

Example

I have a page called Downloads.aspx. I might want to link to this page internal from various places in my navigation.

Hope you understand what I am talking about.

Regards Markus

PS: Added 5. and 6. to my first post. Could you answer them in your first reply (edit so its in one place)

I do this in 3.7 just by specifying an "internal" page URL as an external page.

e.g. Extermal Page Location:  ~/Downloads.aspx

"Extermal" just means that you specify a URL rather than create the page.

@mb

Thanks I never thought of this. However to endusers this is not realy great from a usability point of view.

It would be much nicer if you had an extra option which would let you choose the page.

Just for example: I was on a mac the other day. Did not find the ~ printed on the keyboard. Also you might have long urls so it would just be nice to have a direct way.

But once again thanks for the tip.

Markus

More significantly, for mine, is that while it works, it's obviously fragile.

I would like a simple point & click option when creating an "external" page, to select an existing page on the site and store as a dynamic URL. (i.e. store the page ID) so that if some genius decides to change the source URL, they don't suddenly break the site's navigation, because the correct URL will be rendered for the page ID... same way as library items are dynamically linked to avoid breaking URLs on re-naming.

@mb

Excellent point. I knew a "lnternal Page" option would make sense. Just did not know why :-)

Go Telerik go. I allways say that a lot of small improvments can make a big difference! So this is one I would expect in 4.0 for sure.

Regards Markus

This thread is closed