Bugs

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:10

Bugs

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Apr-2010 00:00

Hi Guys,

Thanks for getting the CTP out there, some things I found so far with testing, all on Win7 32bit:

First project I created using the File System when I browse (clicked on Go to Administration) it all I get is the Under Contruction message.
So I remove that project and go the IIS route, so I tell get the project manager to create a project in http://localhost/sf40, I get an error message which was a stack trace, from the gist of it I think it is something to do with front page extensions, I am sure you know about this one.
In the context menu of the Project Manager if you the project Status is corrupted (as above point) you can't see the full word Remove.
Taking the inital project, I then edit in Visual Studio and change the Web Application to use IIS, but still I am only seeing the Under Construction message. Eventually I browsed directly to the /Sitefinity/Startup url and got something.
I then selected SQLExpress and got

Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed.

Could I suggest that when the Project Manager creates the project that it grants Network Service the correct permissions (I know it probably does if you select HTTP, but I changed half way through), this is a nice to have rather than crucial.
I am not sure if this is finished or not yet but I couldn't upload images, after clicking publish everything except the silverlight upload control was visible...

Other than that the rest it just features that haven't been finished rather than bugs, it is a bit hard to report on bugs really until I know that you are finished :)  So instead I will say looking forward to the BETA..

Please can you add allowing to do bullet points in this forum :)

Thanks
Sean

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2010 00:00

Hi Sean,

Thank you for reporting these issues.

We will log them for fixing. Basically when you click Go to Administration the project manager should open the ~/sitefinity section of your website. Try adding /sitefinity to your url.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.

Thanks Radoslav,

It was rather strange it was actually going to /Sitefinity/Startup, but was showing the Under Construction message, anyway after a bit of fiddling I somehow got it working but don't ask me what I did to get it to work :)

I forgot to say after all my haste that I have been very impressed still even though there are still a lot of things that aren't complete, keep up the good work and we look forward to seeing the next release!!

Thanks
Sean

Hi,

Further to what I last wrote I now can upload in the modules, I re installed my silverlight and that got around the Images upload problem,  but (and I am sure you know about this) you have to upload a picture before you can manage the libraries.

Cheers
Sean

Hello Sean,

This is by design. You will get a message saying that you have to upload a file first. If we get feedback from users that this is not such a good decision, we will probably change this.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.

Thanks for clarifying that,

I assume then that the Upload screen is going to be modified to allow you to create a new Album from there because currently you have to upload an image to the default Album before you can create another?

Cheers
Sean

Hi Sean,

This will be changed. It will be as when assigning an item to category. You will have a small link saying "or Create a new album"

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed