Some questions on SF 4.0 abilities

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 00:56

Some questions on SF 4.0 abilities

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2010 00:00

Hi,

Firstly, I would like to say tha the SF 4.0 CTP looks very impressive (using it now).

However, how can I do the following?:

-Access the Analytics module?
-Can I use .NET 4.0 assemblies or is ths only in the beta or final releases?
-I want to make some sections of my site (sections being pages really) only accessible when the user signs up, so users are members of a custom role, which has custom permissions. How is this possible in SF 4.0? I assume I will need to tie into an SF membership/roles provider?

Thanks

Gabe posted a link to a trial of the analytics...uses Google Analytics.  I'm hoping it'll poll the SF database to give us sitefinity extra analytics too (file downloads, etc...but thats just my hope :)
http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/gabesumner/posts/10-04-24/sitefinity_web_analytics_ndash_downloadable_preview.aspx

I'm almost positive there's a post on the forums where they say they'll be shipping a .net 4 version of it as well.  Can't imagine why they wouldn't really :)

Seems like this is not the CTP, as the CTP opens up in VS2010 as an older version of the .NET Framework. That is a shame :(

Also, when I open the project in VS2010 (and not convert the target framework) and then press debug, it never seems to load the site? There is always some sort of exception.

Hi G S S,

Currently we do not have build against .NET Framework 4.0, but we will have it for sure. Sitefinity 4.0 CTP has the structure of ASP.NET Web application C#.

Sincerely yours,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.

This thread is closed