First Impression - The dots

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:27

First Impression - The dots

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2010 00:00

Hi there,

I have been developing with Sitefinity for over a year now and I am impressed with the capabilities that this CMS has. I had the chance to download and evaluate version 4.0 and I was struck by the new intuitive interface. However, when I opened the test site in visual studio i was appalled because it wasn't what I expected. I don't know whether it's only because it's a technical preview or whether this is how it's going to look like. Here are the key annotations:

1- a state-of-the-art and intuitive UI very easy to use and very task oriented
2- great performance
3- No support for external pages just yet
4- Noticed URL property for content item 
5- No support for documents for now
6- can't create custom libraries 
7- lost all the control over sitefinity in visual studio, i see no external templates, no admin pages to modify ... all should be done from the backend
8- the Upgrade feature in the project manager is going to save us all the hassle + the version attribute for managing multiple clients with multiple versions

I will post again as i dig more into the CTP ... But one must say, this is going to take Sitefinity to the top ... Thank you for listening to us and building this CMS to work for everyone ...

Best Regards,

George Saadeh

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2010 00:00

Hello G-force,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts of the CTP version.

As you probably guess, the functionality described in points 5 and 6 will come with the Beta release. In Visual Studio - right now a Sitefinity 4.0 is going to be a web application as opposed to website. We are going to provide a tool to export templates for built in controls and then use them to customize your controls.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.

This thread is closed