Suggestion

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:06

Suggestion

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2010 00:00

Hi there,

After playing around with the Sitefinity 4.0 CTP i have noticed that the primary conduct of this build is to let those with very basic or no knowledge of HTML or ASP.NET to be able to build a professional website from scratch and customize it according to their day-to-day needs. They are now able to modify the configurations through a very simple interface, create new admin pages, localize the back-end etc.. However, I observed that the people with no application development knowledge will most likely to adore this build much more than the development folks, simply because we, as developers, always love to do things manually and have full control over our application. So while thinking in this direction, why not considering to have a special build for the development folks that include all the external templates and controls to give them the kind of gratification and quilt that they always want to have and another build for the Design oriented people who don't want any control over the application development but simply to be able to manage their site and customize it as needed. I think that will make us all happy ... 

Waiting for your input guys,

Best Regards,

George

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2010 00:00

Hi G-force,

Thank you for your suggestion.

We will not limit developers from creating their own modifications using code. As with the previous release will will have a public API for all of our functionality - to allow people to build on top of it. We are also going to provide a tool to export templates for built in controls. We are also going to provide a developer manual containing a full API reference to our classes.

Sincerely yours,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.

This thread is closed