Where is Workflow

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:56

Where is Workflow

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2010 00:00

I see in the RoadMap that 4.0 will integrate Windows Workflow.  Has this been incorporated in the CTP yet?  If not, when can we expect it?

Hello Nick Cipollina,

The Workflow is not implemented for the CTP. We will to include it for the public BETA.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.

Is it going to be a silverlight rehosted WF4 designer?

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Apr-2010 00:00

Hi Steve,

We will have our own WF Designer for Silverlight. Generally you could host hosting the WorkflowDesigner inside a WPF application.

Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Apr-2010 00:00

Nope, silverlight works just fine :)

How did you guys find building persistent workflows with WF4? 

I was debating it myself for another project (which uses an OpenAccess forward mapped model)...but not sure if that's the way to go...

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2010 00:00

Hello Steve,

We are using this approach exactly. We would try to provide a little more information on this one in the future.

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2010 00:00

I know you can export a workflow from the WF designer right to an image...would there be ANY WAY you guys could post a screenshot from any random workflow? :)

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Apr-2010 00:00

Hi Steve,

We would love to do it, unfortunately the workflow is in an earlier phase of development. 
I'll write down your e-mail in my contacts, and will send you some screenshots once we do it, since I understand how passionate you are on this :)

Sincerely yours,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Apr-2010 00:00

Awesome, thank you!

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2010 00:00

I'm not sure how far you guys are into the WF4 development yet but do you happen to have any OpenAccess components (WF Activitiy helpers) you could share over to the OA guys to include as a download perhaps?  They don't have any plans to develop any (which is sad)...

I noticed Microsoft has a few entity framework activity helpers floating around so I assume you're doing similar things as well?

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2010 00:00

Hello Steve,

Yes, we are going to provide OpenAccess workflow instance store. However, our implementation is tightly integrated in Sitefinity, it uses Sitefinity's data provider base classes for database connections and scope management, and therefore it could not be directly used outside Sitefinity project.

OpenAccess team has just confirmed that they are going to abstract our implementation for more general use in the near future. Timeframe has not been set yet, though.

Kind regards,
Bob
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2010 00:00

Awesome!  Thanks for doing that!

This thread is closed