Development Schedule

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:42

Development Schedule

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Apr-2010 00:00

Hello,

First of all, I have to say i  just love the new Sitefinity 4.0, great job.

I have a few questions though:
1) I can't download the Sitefinity Developement Manual from the Resources page of Sitefinity 4.0 CTP. It always comes up corrupted near the end of the download.
2) Will the beta be ready around June? and the full version before October?

Thanks,
Lev Rosenblit

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2010 00:00

Hi Lev Rosenblit,

1. Try downloading the chm from this location of your account

Home >> Web Content Management >> Your Account >> Free Trials >> Sitefinity 4.0

I checked the chm and it is working properly.

2. We are in process of rescheduling our tasks and currently there is not a certain date that we could announce.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2010 00:00

Hi Ivan,

You mentioned that " We are in process of rescheduling our tasks". Are you going to postpone the beta release AGAIN?

Thanks,
Jim

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2010 00:00

Hello Jim,

The beta was renamed to CTP. The reason for this is that we didn't want to have two betas. Beta 2 become beta, and will be available in the end of July.

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2010 00:00

Dear Georgi

I don't have a problem if the 4.0 version comes out July 1st, 2011. As long as it will be even better then 3.7.

I rather have a finised, polished, feature rich CSM I can work with in the futur. 3.7 is more then enough to get you through untill then.

I also rather have an beta 1 coming up because beta sounds to much like -> everything is finished no community involement anymore possible.

I do beleve that lots of feedback from users (outside Telerik) will help make 4.0 better then 3.7.

Telerik has a technology sight and is most probably thinking inside some bounderies since you guys have been working so long with it. Outside ideas can be refreshing and helping.

Regards Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2010 00:00

Hello,
Georgi said that the beta will be available in the end of july, posted on 11/05.
in "Next Version When?" forum post, Radoslav said that the beta will be available in August, posted on 12/05.

I want the SF4.0 to be the best possible, but i also plan my development schedule around the release dates,
so can you guys please agree on a date for the beta / release?

Thanks,
Lev Rosenblit

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2010 00:00

Hello Lev Rosenblit,

Our aim is to deliver a stable beta release at the end of Jully - beginning of August. However as development goes the release date may be pushed forward of delayed a bit based on what obstacles we encounter in the development process.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 21-May-2010 00:00

I noticed that Gabe recently blogged:

"As of this writing, there is one public release of Sitefinity 4.0.  However, we are planning several additional releases (CTP2, CTP3, BETA, etc) in the coming weeks"

A few more CTPs before the BETA (which are normally considered to be feature-finalised and at debug-status only) makes sense to me, as there is so much missing from the current CTP that it's very hard to give sensible feedback on it.

@mb

Exactely my thoughts. I love the idea of multiple CTP releases. I think it's a good thing to involve the community (to some extend) in a very early phase. Since Telerik has been working on it for about a year there is always a change of loosing the outside view.

We can provide this. So let's hope for lots of releases to give Telerik feedback to make SF 4.0 the very best CMS on the market. Since 3.7 is already excelent they will have a very hard job not only to get it technology wise up to date, but also keep the complexity low and usebility for endusers and low end developer high.

I trust in Telerik and hope they dont rush things.

Markus

I second that.
Multiple CTP releases is a great idea.

BTW, following up on my original post, i still cant download the development manual (neither from the resources page nor the free trials section in my account. I get to 100% and then the file is corrupted and download stops.
Im starting to think telerik singled out my three development computers and blocked the download after 99%. Granted, it will be funny if that turned out to be true, but i really need the manual...

Thanks,
Lev Rosenblit

Hey everyone,

I probably jumped the gun in my blog post.  This is something we chatted about internally.  Although we didn't discuss the exact frequency of these releases.  

In general, we definitely want early feedback.  However, we also want to get to a place that feels like a reasonable stopping place.  A place where we can get feedback about our implementation, and not about errors that we are already aware of.  Good to know there is interest in this though!  

Also, on the subject of getting 4.0 feedback, we have something planned very soon that will help with this.  Look for it in the next couple of weeks.  

Gabe Sumner
Telerik | Sitefinity CMS

This thread is closed