Error on creating new project

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:18

Error on creating new project

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2010 00:00

When I try to create a new project, I got the following error:

FileNotFoundException:
Could not load file or assembly 'Sitefinity_4_0_346, Version=4.0.346.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=...' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
...(trace)

Any idea?

Regards,

Jozsef

Hello Jozsef Marmarosi,

Could you check whether you have Telerik.Sitefinity.dll version 4.0.346.0 in your bin folder and your project has reference to it.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.

Hi Ivan,

The .dll is in the _EmptyProject/bin folder, however the templates are not copied to Projects/NewProject folder. My previous actions that may cause the problem:
First time I tried to create a new project, I selected Sql Server, however, I have entered a wrong SQL Server instance, and the project setup produced an unhandled exception. I restarted everything, and since then I got this error on creating new project.

Jozsef

Hi Jozsef Marmarosi,

There is a knows issue when you initially you type wrong database server details and then try to install the project without restarting the Project Manager. I suggest that you should start from the very begging   - delete the project that has been created through the Project manager. Check whether any files has left in the installation directory  - if there are any, remove them. Then try to install a new project.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.

Hi Ivan,

That fixed the problem, when I deleted _EmptyProject folder as well.

Thanks for your help.

Jozsef

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jul-2010 00:00

Yes this just happened for me too. Need to delete the _EmptyProject folder, good trick :)
M

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2010 00:00

Hi mattc,

The issue will be fixed for the BETA.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed