Confirm the persistence of existing modules

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 01:27

Confirm the persistence of existing modules

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2010 00:00

I understand that you are building out the 4.0 product, but I'd like to confirm that some of your existing 3.7 functionality will continue into future releases:

1) Lists
2) Polls
3) Newsletters

Keep up the great work!

I like the Lists module, but it would be superhandy to allow in-control editing of the list items for a specific role...so they could edit a list right in the page instead of a tiny popup radwindow.

Hi Steve,

We will have Lists and Polls in 4.0. We are working on Newsletters as well, but I am not sure whether will be able to deliver this module for the official version. Of course we will do our best to ship Newsletters module. With polls control  you will be able to show multiple polls on a page with single control which is not the case in 3.x version where PollBox can show only one poll item.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.

I didn't see the wiki module in the system either. Will that still be there in the full release?

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2010 00:00

Hi Ivan,

My 2 cents on the Newsletter module...

The last implementation of the newsletter module I feel was too basic for most companies needs.  I personally would rather see instead some sort of integration with an existing mail campaign service such as MailChimp or Campaign Monitor.  That way you guys can stick to what you do best with CMS and we can get all the benefits of a more powerful campaign tool.

You are already doing something similar with Analytics integration so this just seems to make sense to do a similar thing, you could still have a module so that users can manage their campaigns from the Sitefinity backend but leverage off these other systems.  Plus they all have free accounts too so for smaller companies they will still be able to benefit.

Anyway that is just my thoughts.

Kind Regards
Sean

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2010 00:00

I agree with Sean.  Let the email campaign services focus on their featuresets and allow SF to leverage them.  If the option to tie in to these other systems via a provider model were available, that would be great.  I am currently working on integrating a 3.7 site to StreamSend.

Jeff

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2010 00:00

Hi there

a) I would expect 4.0 not to have any less features then 3.7 when released.
b) The newsletter module is not so bad (if only you had the option to request title (Mr. / Ms.) out of the box
c) of course having the ability to use services as mentioned by Sean would be great
    (I don't know the services and if they cost I prefere the in-SF solution

If any modules are not included in 4.0 release it could be a no-go for some projects and you would have to go with 3.7 instead.

So once again - I rather have a complete and polished 4.0 then anything half baked.

Regards Markus

This thread is closed