Not working without CTP Web Server

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:45

Not working without CTP Web Server

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2010 00:00

Hi,

I've managed to get past the installation problems, but now I find that I can't view the site locally unless I use the CTP exe to run it.

I've pointed my IIS server to the relevant application directory, but when I try and browse to the site i get this message: Thank you for visiting our web site.
The first page I created I called 'home' and I've also noticed that you guys are using extensionless URLs, which is great so my home page should have been: nwdt06.nwbnetwork.com/home, but if I try going directly to that page I get a 404 error.

As I said, it works when I use the CTP exe to launch the site, but nothing else works. Any obvious reasons?

Regards,
Jacques

Hello J.Hoventer,

If the project is added to IIS then there should be no problem running the site without the .exe. Have you tried to ad /sitefinity to the url just as in 3.x sites to go to the administration area? The home page functionality does not work yet.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.

Hi Radoslav,

I just tried adding /sitefinity to get to the admin area... it redirects to nwdt06.nwbnetwork.com/.../Startup which also returns a 404 error.
I checked the event logs, but there's nothing being reported there.

I'm running Windows XP, IIS5.1... could this be a problem?

Regards,
Jacques

Hi J.Hoventer,

The OS and IIS version should not be a problem. I have recorded a video, where I deploy a project on IIS on a WinXP machine and then close the Project Manager. Then navigate to the website on localhost and set it up. After its set up the backend works without problem.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.

This thread is closed