radgrid format textbox in edit mode

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 00:29

radgrid format textbox in edit mode

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-May-2010 00:00

I'm posting here after a few hours of searching this site and the internet with no luck.  Can someone advise if there's a way to format textbox values shown in radgrid edit mode?  The dataformatstring property of the gridbounditem control works well, but once you click edit, all of the formatting is lost.  I'm specifically attempting to format a few currency and date fields.

Thanks in advance!

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2010 00:00

Hello Jeff,

You could try getting the edit item, when the RadGrid is in edit mode and explicitly set the format strings to the TextBox controls from the edit item. Please check out the following online documentation articles which enplanes how to get cells and rows in RadGrid:
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/grdaccessingcellsandrows.html

Additionally I am sending you a simple example which demonstrates the desired functionality. Please check it out and let me know if it helps you.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Radoslav
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.

This thread is closed