Nested Master Pages

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:33

Nested Master Pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jun-2010 00:00

Hi there,

I'm not sure if this has been discussed and I know it wasn't supported before, but is there any move in Sitefinity towards supporting nested master pages?

We're still finding projects now where the use of nested master pages could potentially save a lot of time.

Regards,
Jacques

Hello J.Hoventer,

Sitefinity 3.x supports nested master pages, but you have to add the controls in the markup. There is a KB that explains this Does Sitefinity support nested master pages?

As for the Sitefintiy 4.0 we will support nested templates. We are currently considering how to overcome the problem with the parsing of nested master pages.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.

Hello J.Hoventer,

You can go to Templates section and create a new template that will use one of your existing templates. The newly create template will inherit the logic from the base template and all controls inside it.

Sincerely yours,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.

Hi Ivan,

It's your first response that I'm really interested in. I was convinced that Sitefinity didn't support nested Master Pages, not sure why.

I've read the article and am truly stumped, I am so certain that at some point I understood that nested master pages were not supported.

Thanks for the information.

Regards,
Jacques

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Mar-2011 00:00

I've had moderate success in getting the actual nested master pages into Sitefinity 4, but that's where I'm encountering issues. I worked from the docs and examples to import the files from the 3.7 directory location, and the front end looks fairly intact, but there are script errors in the admin such as " Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'control' of undefined". Which renders the entire edit screen useless. I'm trying to find out where the breakdown is, and will post when I find it. 

This thread is closed