Can't create new project

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:31

Can't create new project

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2010 00:00

hi there,
i got the CTP today and decide to play with it a bit 
i create project and try to open it with VS2008 it fail to open
i close every thing and try to open the CTP it say "Connecting"..
and when i try to create new project i got  
---------------------------
Error
FileNotFoundException:

Could not load file or assembly 'Sitefinity_4_0_346, Version=4.0.346.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, Evidence securityInfo, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)

at System.AppDomain.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)

at System.AppDomain.CreateInstanceAndUnwrap(String assemblyName, String typeName)

at System.AppDomain.CreateInstanceAndUnwrap(String assemblyName, String typeName)

at Sitefinity.ProjectManager.Utilities.AssemblyInfoHelper.GetRemoteInstance(AppDomain remoteDomain)

at Sitefinity.ProjectManager.Utilities.AssemblyInfoHelper.GetAssemblyVersion(String file)

at Sitefinity.ProjectManager.Deployment.Embedded.EmbeddedClient..ctor(String name)

at Sitefinity.ProjectManager.ProjectManager.DeployFromResource(Client destinationClient, String name, DeploymentOptions options)

at Sitefinity.ProjectManager.ProjectManager.Deploy(IProject project, DeploymentOptions options)

at Sitefinity.ProjectManager.UI.MainForm.Deploy_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

OK   

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jun-2010 00:00

Hi Sameh Awad,

Could you try to delete the project that has been created ( by default the project is created under Projects folder) and the database. Then run the Project Manager and try to create a project. You might find this post useful -Sitefinity 4.0 CTP – Effortless Installation

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.

hi Ivan,

i still have same problem.
i'm using Sitefinity_4_0_346_CTP.exe and window vista

Hi Sameh Awad,

Could you check whether you have Telerik.Sitefinity.dll version 4.0.346.0 in your bin folder and your project has reference to it. Here is another related forum post Error on creating new project

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.

Deleting the _EmptyProject folder seems to solve the problem

This thread is closed