It is possible to login with the same username and password

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 06:57

It is possible to login with the same username and password in Sitefinity 4.0?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jun-2010 00:00

Hi

It is possible to login with the same username and password in Sitefinity 4.0?
If i try like that i am getting the following error "Someone is already using this username and password from another computer or browser.
To proceed, you need to log him/her off."

Thanks
G.GopalRaman

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2010 00:00

Hello gopalraman gopal,

This is one of the new security features we have implemented in this version. There is a concurrency feature which prevents users from logging with the same user name from mulitple locations.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi,

I keep getting this message every time I try to log on, even though i'm not logged in on another computer! Is there some way to clear the cache of this?

Thanks,

Pete

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Aug-2010 00:00

Hello Peter,

You will experience this if you login on different browser also. As each browser has its own cookies the forms authentication cookie is stored for each browser the system will think that you are logged in on another machine. Also the cookie expires by default for 20 minutes. This means that if you close your browser and within this time frame you open it again and navigate to the back end of the CMS you will get a message that this user is already logged in, however you can login with the same credentials.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2011 00:00

Is it possible to turn off this behaviour? Our business use-case requires the ability for simultaneous logins from different locations.

Thanks,
Gareth.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Gareth,

Unfortunately this is not possible under the current licensing structure. You need to use different users for different locations. The same user cannot authenticate from multiple locations.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed