Selectively show or hide unlocalized content

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:18

Selectively show or hide unlocalized content

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jul-2010 00:00

Hi all,

We are considering purchasing Sitefinity 4.0 for use on an upcoming project for one of our clients. Localization of content will be important as the site will be available in many languages. I understand how to use the "fallback" culture to serve the invariant version of content that has not yet been localized. But I have a few questions...

1. Imagine that the default culture for our site is English, but that some of our users will be requesting French. The site comprises a few pages. One of the pages hosts a blog. Most of the pages (but not all) and most of the blog stories (but not all) have been translated into French. Is it possible to configure Sitefinity such that, if a user requests the French version of the site, Sitefinity will only show those pages and blog stories that have been translated into French?

2. Imagine that we now add another new page (or blog story) that will exist only in English. However, we DO want this particular content item to be displayed (in English, untranslated) in the French version of the site (whilst continuing to hide most other English-only content).

3. Imagine that we now want to create a page or blog story that is specific to the French version of the site (that is, there will be no English-language version). Can we prevent this page from appearing in the English version of the site?

I would be grateful for any advice on the above, and I look forward to seeing the full beta of 4.0.

Kind regards,

Adrian 

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi Adrian Stovold,

Thank you for your interest in our new version. 
If I should be honest, the localization framework is still of process of implementation. Therefore we will pass your message to the team so they could have these requirements on paper. I believe they will be possible, but I still cannot comment on them until the implementation is complete. 

Thanks once again for your interest. We are looking forward to your feedback from the beta :) 

All the best,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Georgi,

Thanks for your help.

I've just installed the trial version of Sitefinity 3.7 Standard Edition, and it seems that most (if not all) of the functionality I requested already exists, which is great.

Kind regards,
Adrian

Hi Adrian Stovold,

It is great to hear that. 
Let me know if you need any help.

Sincerely yours,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed