Tag cloud and taxonomy

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:55

Tag cloud and taxonomy

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jul-2010 00:00

Hi,

With Sitefinity 4.x, will it be possible to generate tag clouds with the content of all Generic content modules?

I read that the taxonomy functionality is not provider dependant

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jul-2010 00:00

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible, there's a Telerik RadTagCloud in Q2 2010

I've got one for 3.7 up here but it requires the Q2 2010 controls which should be "officially" released into sitefinity soon I'd imagine...

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Aug-2010 00:00

When i said "with the content of all Generic content modules", i mean that i want the tagcloud datasource to be the concatenation of all the modules datas based on the generic content module (generic content, news, and all cutom modules).

The problem is that the datas are provider dependant until the 4.x release.

Moreover, we will directly go from the 3.6 to the 4.0 release...

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi Kenny South,

You are correct that in the current release all tags, categories are provider dependent. However when you migrate the website to Sitefintiy 4.0 this should not be a problem to get all tags for the whole application.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed