Modules feature list comparison 3.7->4.0

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:34

Modules feature list comparison 3.7->4.0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jul-2010 00:00

Hi all

It seems from reading this forum that along side the completely new features and new ways of doing things in 4.0 (which looks amazing having seen the webinar yesteraday) there may be a significant reduction in capability in terms of some of the built in modules. For example it seems newsletters and wiki may not be on the initial release?

It would be good to have a more detailed roadmap comparing the feature list, particularly of modules for the 4.0 RTM and 3.7 so we can manage expectations from customers in terms of the the features that will be available, as everyone will be wanting to upgrade!

Matt

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jul-2010 00:00

I wasn't a big fan of the Wiki in 3.7, was too much like a dynamic page rather than mediawiki-ish

I don't think they'd release it w/out newsletters since they're planning (last I heard anyway) a migration tool.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi guys,

Unfortunately the Newsletters module will not be released with the official release of the CMS. The Newsletters module will be released on a later stage - we are going to do a complete redesign and rewrite of this module.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Radoslav

Thanks for clearing that up, I'm happy to wait for a better or new module, just so I don't promise it to someone and then it's not there.
Are there any other existing modules that won't be in the first release?

Thanks

Matt

Hi Radoslav,

Can we give input on the development of this new newsletter module?
I really hope you can give us some features that are coming in this module, since this is really important functionality for our customers.

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2010 00:00

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Your feedback and feature suggestions for the new newsletters module are more than welcome. Unfortunately as we have not yet finalized the design and architecture of this module I am unable to provide any information on what will be the features of the new newsletters implementation.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Sep-2010 00:00

Has there been any further development into the News Letter Module?

I am yet to buy Sitefinity, but if the module has some advanced features like what is offered by Newsletter Manager Pro. http://www.designerfreesolutions.com/web/viewitem.asp?idproduct=1027  I would purchase it today.

Thanks,

Scott

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Sep-2010 00:00

Hi Scott,

I afraid there will not be a Newsletter module. Maybe in next releases (4.1) of Sitefinity.
For now you can best use Newsletter Manager Pro if you want to keep your costs down.

I've created a wrapper to use with MailChimp. So then you can sync your Sitefinity subscribers with MailChimp, or just use only MailChimp for your subscribers. Also, users can create campaign within Sitefinity.

Anyway, ... MailChimp isn't free for big amounts, but if you have a small list, it might be interesting.

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2010 00:00

Just wondering if there is a complete list of features that will be in 4.0 that you could share?  Or maybe share with Sitefinity Partners?  
Thank you!

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2010 00:00

Hi Scott

Basem Emara has also written a module to implement Newsletter Manager Pro in Sitefinity 3.6/7
It's in the marketplace http://www.sitefinity.com/marketplace/modules/newsletter-pro-module.aspx
I haven't tried it but worth looking at.

I guess Telerik have held off committing to a newsletter module in 4.0 because it's debatable whether it's worthwhile writing this functionality from scratch. As they have done with Analytics, using Google as the backend and just writing an interface on top looks like a great solution.
I hope that with the flexibility of 4.x and the growing marketplace around Sitefinity we will see the option to integrate lots of different products, both Telerik and 3rd party to satisfy common project requirements.

M

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Dec-2010 00:00

Daniel,

You mentioned:

I've created a wrapper to use with MailChimp. So then you can sync your 
Sitefinity subscribers with MailChimp, or just use only MailChimp for your 
subscribers. Also, users can create campaign within Sitefinity.

Do you happen to have this wrapper available for download?

Thanks,

Justin

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Daniel,

Same question which Justin asked, Can you please share the wrapper for the MailChimp?

Thanks,
Manoj

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jul-2012 00:00

Hello Daniel,
I would also like to request the wrapper for MailChimp. Does this allow us to migrate sitefinity registered users over to our MailChimp lists? Is it available for download and how do I go about installing it? Does it matter which version of Sitefinity. Thanks in advance for your help. 

This thread is closed