Waiting for 4.0 Beta

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:11

Waiting for 4.0 Beta

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jul-2010 00:00

When is the exact release date of 4.0 Beta?

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jul-2010 00:00

This coming week.  We don't have a precise date.  As soon as possible, this coming week.

Gabe Sumner
Developer Evangelist
Telerik | Sitefinity CMS

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2010 00:00

The expectation is bigger than iPad ;) Don't think I've been awaiting a piece of software this much for years!! :)

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Aug-2010 00:00

this is indeed a good news.. will beta be stable enough for a production web site? and will you provide upgrade beta to final?

Hi Muhammad,

I think you would have to be pretty desperate to launch a production site using a Beta product, but all depends on the situation I suppose :)
I believe Telerik have stated that there will be an upgrade path from the Beta to the final release.

M

Hi mattc,

Yes we are going to provide an upgrade path from the beta version to RC and final release. This will allow the most eager users to start experimenting with Sitefinity 4.0 early on. However the beta cannot be used in production - it can be used only for evaluation purposes.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed