Forum Module Features

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:19

Forum Module Features

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2010 00:00

Hello,

I have not been able to find a nice list of features available in the forum module.  Here are the features I am looking for in a forum.  Does sitefinity provide the following?

Single Sign On (SSO)  - yes
Group Users
Role-based Security
Share Documents
Share Media
Email Notification - Thread Level
Email Notification - Forum Level
Customizable Interface
Search Functionality
Direct Communication (user to user) - send a message to only one user. 

Hi Eric,

We still do not have a Forums module. We have taken your features in mind though. 
Your Telerik account has been updated for these suggestions. 

Thank you!

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I got to this forum via your sitefinity site.  I was asking the question in relation to the existing sitefinity forum module. 

Hello Eric,

Unfortunately the only features that we support now are these ones:
- Customizable Interface
- Group Users

Our next version should provide a major upgrade of this module. 

Kind regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Aug-2010 00:00

Will be the forum module a part from Sitefinity 4.0 Beta ? My current customer will move from SF 3.7 to 4.0. I need test the forum module.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi Pavol Kokinda,

The forums module is not part of the Beta, this module will be implemented on a later stage.

Sincerely yours,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2010 00:00

How is the progress going for a forums module in 4.0?

DK

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Oct-2010 00:00

Hello DK,

We will be able to deliver the Forums module shortly after the official 4.0 release. 

Greetings,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Oct-2010 00:00

Hello,

I just wanted to post to this thread, because I too am looking to expand the functionality of the forum module.  I am very interested to know when we can expect to have more details about the 4.0 forum module.  For a view format, we also prefer the chronological posting, used here in the Telerik/Sitefinity forum, to the nested forum posts in Sitefinity (ref: http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-3-x/designing-with-sitefinity/change-layout-of-forum.aspx#1033672).

Regards,
Ed

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Nov-2010 00:00

Just wanted to add my vote for a strong forum module. I'm currently evaluating Sitefinity. One of the main reasons to pick Sitefinity is that 3.7 includes a forum module (at least I though so), so I assumed 4.0 will include it as well. There's not a great choice of ASP.NET forum software out there, so it's a good selling point.

I hope Telerik will soon provide more details about what forum features are going to be available, and when. I guess that's important for 3.7 clients using the forum module as well.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Nov-2010 00:00

Is there potentially a Roadmap for the Forum module?

I have a project which is looking like March to start, and it hinges on basic Forum functionality...and I'd like to use 4 since we already have an active license :)

Steve

Hello Steve,

We will come up with a Road Map for the Forums module after the official release of Sitefinity 4.0.

Greetings,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Hi Georgi,

why is the Forums module so delayed. It is important for many customers.

Greatings

Pavol

I don't think it's SO important...I mean the 3.7 one wasn't great so I don't think many people really actively used it to the point where 4.0 needed it at release to migrate.

That being said, NEW projects I have require a decent module :)

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Dec-2010 00:00

Still no update on the Forums module? I know this is the RC version, so do we still have an Official Release version coming? In fact it doesn't appear we have any 4.0 modules on the Marketplace, I guess its to early.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Robert,

We are not going to add new modules in Sitefinity 4.0 for the official release. Forums module will not be included in the official release of Sitefinity 4.0, but we will have it in Q1 -Q2.
We will have a sample module release this on next week, so I believe that you will see some new modules in the marketplace shortly.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Dec-2010 00:00

So is this an indicator that there will be additional cost for future modules.

License + VAT + Marketplace modules = £££s

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Neil,

Actually it is not. As our CEO has stated in another thread here, the whole concept of the Sitefinity 4.0 pricing was to settle it from the beginning and not change it afterwards, even though we will continually add more and more features.

We are definitely aiming to enrich Sitefinity 4.0 with everything that Sitefinity 3.7 currently has, but we are far from the thought of stopping there. More to be announced in that roadmap that Georgi mentioned. As for the marketplace - third party modules and new value-adding features will be made available there. However the core functionalities a CMS should have will be added directly in the product (once again - without affecting the price at all).

Best regards,

Grisha 'Greg' Karanikolov
Sitefinity Solutions Consultant

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2011 00:00

I just noticed that we can vote for the Forums module to be implemented here.

This thread is closed