4.0 Beta Upgrade Path to 4.0 Final Community Edition

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:25

4.0 Beta Upgrade Path to 4.0 Final Community Edition

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Aug-2010 00:00

I know that you have said that the beta is not optimal for live deployments, but that there will be an upgrade path to the final version of 4.0.  Is there going to be an upgrade path from 4.0 beta to the final version of 4.0 community edition?  I use both licensed and community (work vs personal) and would love to know if I can test out the beta with the idea of going live with it soon after the final version is released without having to recreate everything.  Thanks.

-Keith

Hello Richardsonke,

Thank you for your interest in Sitefinity 4.0.

We are going to provide upgrade paths from the Beta release to the official release. So if you start working on a website with the Beta, experimenting with it and start building custom controls you will be able to easily upgrade the website to the Release Candidate and then to the official release.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks, I was just worried it wouldn't apply to Community Edition.

-Keith

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Sep-2010 00:00

Hello when the Community Edition will be released?

With Community Edition multilanguage is supported?
The Sdk support Community Edition?
Thanks very much for the response.

Luca Martini

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Sep-2010 00:00

Hello Luca,

We will announce more information about different Sitefinity 4.0 editions with the release of Sitefinity 4.0 RC. A feature list of the community edition should also be announced for at that time. The CE is expected to arrive shortly after the official release of Sitefinity.

The SDK is a free product which will help you develop modules and other plugins for Sitefinity. It will contain mainly project samples, guides and project templates. This means that you will be able to use it to develop plugins for any edition of Sitefinity 4.0

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Sep-2010 00:00

What about migrating from a development computer to a production server.  Is there going to be support for that or will I have to do it manually?

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2010 00:00

Hi Tom Miller,

There are plans for such tool, but I am not sure that we will be able to provide such support for the official Release of Sitefinity 4.0. We will publish an announcement with all available features and versions with the RC.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed