FileNotFoundException when creating new project

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:28

FileNotFoundException when creating new project

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Aug-2010 00:00

When I create a new project in Sitefinity Project Manager 4.0.565.0 (the beta), I get a FileNotFoundException. I get this on the last step after I've selected evaluation mode and click "Finish".

It couldn't load Sitefinity v4.0.565.0 or one of its dependencies. The status of the newly created project is "Corrupted". I'm creating a File System project. The directory that gets created is empty.

Any ideas?

Have you changed the .exe file name. This error is reproduced when the file name has been changed. What you have to do is to remove the _EmptyProject directory in the same folder where the .exe is located and try to create a new project.

You're the 3rd person I've heard this from.  In each case, deleting the "_EmptyProject" folder solved the issue.

I've never been able to personally reproduce this issue though.  Was there already an existing CTP web site in place?It should be okay if there is, I'm just trying to reproduce this issue...

Gabe Sumner
Telerik | Sitefinity CMS

Hi Gabe,

Try renaming the .exe file to Sitefinity.exe for example. This sure will force it to reproduce. At least this was the case with CTP.

Yep, I run the EXE from my downloads folder, where the CTP had been run from before.

Removing the folder allowed me to create the new project.

Thanks!

I was later able to get this error to occur without renaming the EXE.  I simply tried to create another project.  As others have reported, removing the _EmptyProject folder fixed the error.

Gabe Sumner
Telerik | Sitefinity CMS

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2010 00:00

FYI - I encountered the same problem and the fix worked for me.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi Kurt,

Starting from the beta, the project manager executable will be named Sitefinity.exe only.

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Aug-2010 00:00

I encountered the same issue and the fix worked for me also.

Thanks!

This thread is closed