404 Error when clicking on Pages

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:36

404 Error when clicking on Pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Aug-2010 00:00

So...the creation of a new site was brilliant! So easy and quick. After creation, I was able to Go To Administration and I was presented with the Dashboard. Various other links in the Administration work fine, but when I click on Pages, I get the following error:

IIS 7.5 Detailed Error - 404.0 - Not Found

When I created my site, I opted to create a file system site and created it using the IIS settings fine. Connected to my database on SQL Server and populated the tables fine as well.

Any ideas on what I did wrong?

Wow...so I deleted the site and tried to create another one and now it won't even create. I get this HUGE error page:

Could not load file or assembly 'Sitefinity, Version=4.0.565.0'

HI Philip,

Could you please check if your IIS has handler mappings for WCF services? If you do not have this handler mapping you should add it. The path is *.svc and the type is System.ServiceModel.Activation.HttpHandler, System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089.

I figured out the Could Not Load File or Assembly issue...

I added the Handler Mapping you suggested and created a new site. The creation went fine again, but I'm still getting that error.

Should 4.0 still be running in Classic ASP.Net mode with Classic Pipeline Mode or should it be running in the Default mode with Integrated Pipeline?

AH-HA!

I changed this site to run with Integrated Pipeline mode and it's working now. My 3.7 sites were configured to run in Classic mode.

This thread is closed