Database setup Error

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 02:51

Database setup Error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Aug-2010 00:00

When the DB setup page loads it's prepopulated with the username of "steve" and a filled in passoword

I change it to be "sa" and my password, but when I submit I get this...

Server Error in '/' Application.

Login failed for user 'steve'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: Login failed for user 'steve'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SQLException: Login failed for user 'steve'.]
   Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.DBDriver.connect(ConnectionString connectionString, IDictionary driverProps) +1124
   OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.conn.RelationalConnectionPool.createRealCon() +317

[AuthorizationException: Login failed for user 'steve'.]
   Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.ExceptionWrapper.Throw() +13
   OpenAccessRuntime.storagemanager.StorageManagerFactoryBuilder.createSmfForURL() +706
   OpenAccessRuntime.storagemanager.StorageManagerFactoryBuilder.createStorageManagerFactory() +355
   OpenAccessRuntime.DataObjects.PersistenceManagerFactoryImp.createStorageManagerFactory() +355
   OpenAccessRuntime.DataObjects.PersistenceManagerFactoryBase.init() +738
   OpenAccessRuntime.DataObjects.PersistenceManagerFactoryImp.init() +59
   OpenAccessRuntime.DataObjects.BootstrapPMF.getPersistenceManagerFactory(PropertySet props) +272
   Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Helper.getPersistenceManagerFactory(PropertySet props) +504
   Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.DatabaseAdapter.AssertPersistenceManagerFactory(String usr, String password, Boolean open) +1439
   Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.DatabaseAdapter.GetObjectScope(TransactionProvider provider) +38
   Telerik.OpenAccess.Database.GetObjectScope() +26
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.Metadata.OAMetadataLoader.Init(String connectionName, String connectionConfig, Assembly[] references, CultureInfo[] cultures) +269
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.Decorators.OpenAccessDecorator.SetDynamicFields(String connName, XElement config, Assembly[] references, CultureInfo[] cultures, XNamespace xmlns) +832
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.Decorators.OpenAccessDecorator.ParseConnectionString(String connectionStringName, String key, Assembly[] references, CultureInfo[] cultures) +3259
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.Decorators.OpenAccessDecorator.EstablishConnection(String connName, String key, Assembly[] references, CultureInfo[] cultures) +23
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.Decorators.OpenAccessDecorator.GetDatabase(String connectionStringName, Assembly[]& references, CultureInfo[] cultures, Boolean& requiresReset) +146
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.Decorators.OpenAccessDecorator.InitializeProvider(IOpenAccessDataProvider provider, String connectionName) +121
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.Decorators.OpenAccessDecorator.InitializeDatabase(DataProviderBase dataProvider, NameValueCollection config) +110
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.Decorators.OpenAccessDecorator.Initialize(String providerName, NameValueCollection config, Type managerType) +22
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.DataProviderBase.Initialize(String providerName, NameValueCollection config, Type managerType, Boolean initializeDecorator) +975
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.DataProviderBase.Initialize(String providerName, NameValueCollection config, Type managerType) +18
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Backend.StartupWizard.CreateInstantProvider(String providerName, String connectionString, ConfigElementDictionary`2 providers) +795
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Backend.StartupWizard.GetRoleProvider() +116
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Backend.AdministratorPane.ValidateMembership() +29
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +29
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2981

Everytime I go back there (refresh\reload) it's always reverting to "steve"

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Aug-2010 00:00

Ok, I think it's storing something somewhere and remembering the user\password

I deleted everything in the webroot and reloaded it with the _EmptyProject and re-did it, went through okay that time

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2010 00:00

Yup noticed this too, any error at login to the DB, wrong credentials, user disabled etc is not handled and you get an ASP.NET error.

You can also close the browser and reload it from the project manager to change the details it seems.

Matt

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2010 00:00

Hello guys,

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Matthew is correct about the handling for errors - we should provide friendly error messages when exceptions like this are caught. We have this on our list and will definitely be implemented.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed