Has the Forums Module Been Enhanced in 4.0

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 03:19

Has the Forums Module Been Enhanced in 4.0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Aug-2010 00:00

I was considering using sitefinity for a new site I'm building.  Forums is critical and the previous forums module was very lacking.  I need something more on par with telerik's forums or the other leading php cms forums out there.

Thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Aug-2010 00:00

I too, am interested in knowing if the forum module will have any new functionality.  Specifically:
*automatic ratings or approval voting on posts, i.e. did you find this useful?
*improved sign-up for both message threads and entire forums via email

I see there will also be a new forums module.  Can this be used so that a forum member can create a poll within a topic thread on the fly? 

Thanks!

M.

Hi Margaret,

The forums module will be redesigned completely for Sitefinity 4.0. However we are not yet ready with a complete feature list of this module. This means that you can suggest features and we will log them and discuss if they should be implemented.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This is good news.  We chose Sitefinity over a competing Java based product based on the overall ease of administration and easy set-up/Windows integration but I've been getting beat up regularly over the rather basic forum functionality.  I've helped implement a few other forums in the past including the open source leader phpBB.  We don't need everything you can find there, but I hope you will consider the features I mentioned initially plus:

-Top post display option
-Automatic link for reporting in appropriate content to system administrators
-Ability to subscribe to a thread or forum as an RSS feed
-Author rankings or levels, i.e. showing who has posted the most  (example http://tinyurl.com/22r6boz)
-IP address tacking

I also looked at your PITS system.  Interesting.  I'll have to look into this further too.

Best,
M.

Hello Margaret,

Most of the features you want to have are in our TODO list. We will review all features again. Thanks for your input here.
The PITS system is currently not available for Sitefinity ( it works for other Telerik products), but we are working on integration with Sitefinity as well and I believe that we will see Sitefintiy in PITS list soon.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2010 00:00

I would like to see an option for country flag display since we have an international community.  I would also like to see some sort of ranking of users by their level of contribution.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi KMan,

I will add your request for further consideration. Thanks.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed