Reporting Bugs

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 02:53

Reporting Bugs

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi There,

I'm playing with the Beta release and one of the first things I wanted to check out was the Image Library. I've already come across a number of bugs and am wondering if there is some sort of bug tracking system we can enter issues in? It would be nice to see what other bugs have been reported so we're not reporting the same thing over and over. If there's no official system, perhaps you can create a sticky post that gives guidelines for posting a bug to the 4.x General Discussion Forum (or maybe create a 4.x Beta Bugs Forum). Generally having a title that starts with "Bug - ....." and then a set format of a) Bug/Issue, b) Steps to Replicate, c) Severity  etc. 

Thoughts? Does this exist somewhere and I just haven't been able to find it? It seems really inefficient to have bug reports mixed in with hundreds of general questions and feedback posts. Tightening up the process would certainly make me feel better that things are on track for a bug free launch sometime this year ;)

Cheers,
Phill

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi Phill ,

We are working to collect a list of known issues and will post it as a sticky note in the forum, as  you suggested.

Best wishes,
Kalina
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi there,

Just wanted to bump this again. Seems to me that with the launch just a month away and I'm coming across a number of bugs, there should be some formal way of submitting them. Does this exists and I'm just not seeing it? It's totally crude, but maybe a sticky post as suggested so others can see what bugs have been found and reported?

Cheers,
Phill

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Dec-2010 00:00

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
UNQOTE

Don't ask my why it's so hard to get SF in there.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Dec-2010 00:00

Exactly my point... how do we submit bugs for Sitefinity? SF4 is apparently going to be finalized in a months time and in just a day of working with it I've come across countless bugs, it'd be nice to know these were on the to-do list, otherwise I'll wait until 4.1 or 4.2 before deploying any sites with it.

p.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Phill ,

As per your suggestion, we created a new forum section dedicated to reporting Bugs and Issues.

It can be found here:
www.sitefinity.com/.../bugs-issues.aspx

Please, post the issues you encounter there and we will be try to provide next steps and resolutions as soon as possible.

We apologize for delaying this step for such a long time.
As for enabling PITs for Sitefinity, this option is planned for after the official release.

Best wishes,
Kalina
the Telerik team

This thread is closed