I am not sure what to say, this is really sad.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 04:01

I am not sure what to say, this is really sad.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Aug-2010 00:00

1) How about creating an installer, so that Sitefinity can be install and uninstalled.
2) The first time I installed it I could create a project even though I was getting an old version of the rad controls. ( will not run)
3)  How being able to access the Sitefinity Project manager from the program menu. Everything else in Telerik is access via the program menu.
4) the create New Project Wizard directory navigatation is broken. Try using it.
5) Geting FileNotFoundException and then a corrupted project.

Hey John,

The FileNotFound error can be solved by removing the _EmptyProject folder.  See this thread:

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/filenotfoundexception-when-creating-new-project.aspx

This seems to be an inconsistent bug.  The team is aware and is working on it.  Sorry for the troubles.

--

Regarding the installation (lack of an installer/uninstaller, installing short-cuts in the Start menu), I personally prefer the self-contained EXE file.  I wish more applications I downloaded would limit their footprint to a single EXE.  I normally have to wipe my system every 6-months because of the gunk programs (and their installers) insist on littering my system with.  The lack of installer reduces the steps needed to get started.  It also makes it easier to use different versions of Sitefinity on the same system.

All this being said, this is just my personal opinion.  I would be glad to hear other perspectives.

Gabe
==============

I also don't like start menu items for this kind of programs.

What I do miss is an option to choose where you want to create your project. Now al kind of stuff is placed on my desktop and personally that is something I don't like at all.

I always use a second partition of my HDD where I put my projects, so if you can choose during setup where to put the project files, then I think it would rock!

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

When you create a new project you can specify the available drivers on your machine. Please take a look at attached screenshot.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Ivan,

Yes, true. You'r right.
But it also generates stuff on my desktop?

Daniel

Hello Daniel,

If you put the executable inside on of the drives there should not be a files created on your desktop.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed