Can't seem to display an empty site

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:57

Can't seem to display an empty site

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi,

I downloaded the Beta and started by creating a new project. I used File system location, let's say D:\Site. After successfully creating the project I click either "Browse" or "Go to administration". In both cases I get a simple page saying "Thank you for visiting our site. Please return soon for updates." Here is a screenshot --

http://www.grimwolf.com/sf.png

I'm not very familiar with 4.0 but, how do I load the administrative interface to start editing pages, etc.?

Best regards

Hi Lupi

Just go to  the URL then  /sitefinity and you will get the admin login :)

Matt

Hello Lupi,

Try accessing Sitefinity directory directly. Sample video of the default installation has been attached.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hello,

This is really weird, now that I did everything exactly as in the video I got the administrative panel working.

I'll have to try that on my other machine though, but anyways, thanks for the help.

P.S. Something that you are probably aware of already - I have the Q2 controls installed on the same computer and when I rebuild the project with VS.NET 2010 it references those controls instead the Q1 ones that are unpacked in the new project, so I have to copy the original files from _EmptyProject.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2010 00:00

Ok, I tracked down the problem. You can't have a dot ( . ) in the name of your project. So if I name my project "UNI_v4.0" I won't see the admin interface, but if I name it UNI_v4 then it works.

Just FYI

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2010 00:00

Hello Lupi,

Thank you for your input here. Avoid spaces in the name as well. For instance in 3.x edition if you have a space bar this will cause problem with some of the handlers for Images and Documents.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed