Project Manager status problem

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:15

Project Manager status problem

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2010 00:00

I've got a strange situation.  After I've created a project with the project manager, then next time I come to lauinch the project manager, the status seems stuck at "connecting". 

Does this happen for anyone else?

Cheers
Mark

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2010 00:00

Same here.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi Preston Cooksey,

We are not able to reproduce this behavior locally. Could you provide us some more detailed steps or screenshots, so we could check whether this is not a bug in the ProjectManager in some circumstance .

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Same issue here. Created a default file system project using SQLExpress 2008.

Connected to Admin, created a few pages, blog, etc. Then did nothing for a few hours, but remained logged in.
A few hours later, I accessed it again - had to log back on - everything seemed fine.
While the webpage was opened to the Dashboard, I closed the Project Manager, hit refresh and of course IE displayed a page not found error.
I then reopened the project manager and it shows 'Connecting' under status. No errors after 1hr. Nothing in the event viewer.

Logged off/back on - same issue
Reboot - no difference

Tried to create a new project (while it still showed 'connecting', and received the 'FileNotFound exception' (the one that requires deleting the _EmptyProject folder).

Closed project manager, and deleted the _EmptyProject folder, but still receive the Connecting message in the status column. 

I then deleted the project (only one created), and went through the new project creation process and it is working again - but the original project is of course now gone. Deleting it was the only way I could get it working again.

I navigated around a bit, created some objects, everything seemed fine - though I noticed the _EmptyProject folder still existed (again).  Closed IE, closed Project Manager. Re-launched PM and once again am seeing 'Connecting' in the status column. 

Using 2003 SP2

I have the same issue, but you can simply open it again by double clicking on the project in project manager

Dbl-clicking does appear to start the integrated server and takes me to the Dashboard, but the PM still shows connecting and not everything is working. For example, if I try to add a new user I get ' The Resource cannot be found'

I can perform some functions, but not all.

If I close the PM, I still must double-click on a project to get it to load. When first loading the PM, the tray icon does appear, but its not launching the integrated server until I double click on a project.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2010 00:00

If you want the project to run even when the project manager is closed first set up a new site under IIS and then when creating a project in the project manager change the location from 'FileSystem' to 'HTTP' and click on browse. Then click the IIS tab and select the website you have made under IIS. When running under FileSystem I believe the site acts more like an application and will stop when you exit the project manager or logoff. However for whatever reason the next time you open the project manager it will still say connecting.

This thread is closed