Custom modules and controls...

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:56

Custom modules and controls...

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi telerik,

It looks very great, the BETA of Sitefinity.
I'm wondering if we can do as much with the 4.0 version as we can do now with SF 3.7 SP3?

I know a lot of functionality is added, but also some things are promised for the 4.1 version. Personally I think that when launching the new version, there should be no missing functionality. I mean, why should I switch to the new version if I have to rebuild maybe my custom modules and also have to wait until all modules are inside the new version?

Well, hopefully there will be lot's of good examples and documenation, so that we can make a fast start with building websites.

Will the 'wrapper' that makes it possible to include 3.7 modules inside 4.0 also be available in the first version?

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi Daniel,

My thoughts after reading most responses not yet available, will discuss and todo in later versions does not fill me with confidence everything in 3.7 will be available in the new release. Version 4 has been mentioned so many times in blogs since 2008 and with the new namespaces and openaccess expect there is a progressional learning curve ahead spawning new market opportunities for training and services. I will be banging my against the wall for the next 12 months as I'd only just got the hang of 3.7.

Role on Sitefinity in PITS.

Regards,

Neil

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2010 00:00

Hello,

Within a week there will be SDK with samples. Yesterday we uploaded updated documentation and some new guides at http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/documentation.aspx

The code wrappers that for 3.7 edition will be available for the official release.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2010 00:00

The designers guide is good and helpful.  Would be great to see a tutorial video on the same subject though.

- Mark

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2010 00:00

Hello BSolveIT,

Most probably there will be a webinar or small presentation of the SDK so it will give you some more useful details.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed