Hide linkbutton on forum module

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:18

Hide linkbutton on forum module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2010 00:00

Is it possible to hide the edit and delete linkbuttons within the forum module? I tried to set visible=false which didn't work, as well as deleting the items all together, which caused an error.

Hello Chris Schrader,

Backend or Front end? Which version is that for? This thread is for SF 4.0 which does not have Forums module implemented so far.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Sorry about that. We are running 3.7 sp3. Looking to do this in the ascx, unless there is another way? I couldn't tweak the permissions to accomplish this either.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi Chris Schrader,

Which template you are trying to edit ? ControlPanelViewThreadTemplate or another one? Are you trying to mak this changes for the public control or you want to make some modification in the backend. Can you attach a screenshot of the section you want to modify, so I could help.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2010 00:00

Single thread view of the forum module. Attached is the screen shot, I would like to remove the Delete and Edit links.

Back to all threads

Test Thread

Delete this thread

schrac@sainc.com 
(1 posts)

11 Aug 2010, 03:18

Content

Edit Reply

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi Chris Schrader,

Add CssClass to the LinkButtons and hide them

<style type="text/css" >

.test
 display:none !important;

</style>

<asp:LinkButton  CssClass="test"  ID="btnEdit" runat="server" CommandName="EditPost" Text="<%$Resources:Edit %>" ></asp:LinkButton>
<asp:LinkButton  CssClass="test"  ID="btnDelete" runat="server" CommandName="DeletePost" Text="<%$Resources:Delete %>" ></asp:LinkButton>

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed