Social Bookmarks

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:38

Social Bookmarks

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi,

Are the Social Bookmarks not yet available in SF 4 BETA? Will they be implented in the RC or in the Final Release?

Best regards,  Patrick

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi PJulicher,

Social bookmarks are not available in the BETA. We will have them for the official version.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi,

I am using Sitefinity 4.0 SP1, and I am implementing a custom control for the blog posts.
I am asking for the social bookmarks, is it available yet in SP1? and how can I implement it?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi AmrElsayed,

There is no implementation for Social bookmarks out of the box. You can use the controls we provided in our  charity starter kit

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi,

The controls in the Charity cannot be compared to the Social Bookmarks feature from SF 3.7, since these controls can only show tweets, and don't offer the possibility to add a Blogpost or Newsarticle to Social Media!

Gr, Patrick

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi PJulicher,

Unfortunately we were not able to implement this functionality for the official release. Hopefully we will be able to provide it soon. The only thing we have is what my colleague showed in his last post. 

As for the implementation, the easiest way would be to use a 3rd party widgets, since this is a common thing and there are plenty of implementations available. I'll give you an example with this one - http://www.widgetbox.com/widget/facebook-share

Everything you need to do is to paste the code provided, to the template of your page, or template of the blogs/news widgets.

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

This thread is closed