Sitefinity 4.0 Beta speed

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:05

Sitefinity 4.0 Beta speed

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Aug-2010 00:00

I have implemented a number of Sitefinity 3.7 websites on our web server and now one test website with Sitefinity 4.0.  They are all using a SQL Server 2010 on a separate box and configured very similar, however the backend (admin) functions of Sitefinity 4.0 is taking considerably longer (2 or 3x longer).   Also, I suspect the use of AJAX is preventing the visible confirmation that something is happening.

I love the new design and the functionality.  I'm just wondering if the speed change I'm seeing is seen by others.

Keep up the great work, I believe Sitefinity 4.0 is significantly better than 3.7 (especially the nested layouts).

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2010 00:00

Hello Rich Winslow,

Thank you for contacting us. 
Are you using the Sitefinity built-in server, available in the project manager? It is significantly slower than IIS (it's based on Cassini).
If this is the case, please try to setup a project on IIS, and check the performance there. I guess you will like it ;)

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2010 00:00

I was running it on IIS 7 on Windows 2008 with SQL Server 2010 on a separate database server which is on 20% loaded, the same as the production Sitefinity 3.7 sites, so it should be a fair comparison.

I use it some more and get more solid statistics.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2010 00:00

Hello Rich Winslow,

Thank you for your efforts, Rich. We will be waiting for your feedback, hopefully we will be able to improve the performance based on your tests.

Sincerely yours,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed