Using custom themes

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:43

Using custom themes

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi,

Is it already possible to use a custom theme on a template? The "How to upload my own theme?" link on the Edit Template page is not working.

Gr, Patrick

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi PJulicher,

There should not be a problem to use your own theme. You have to add the theme folder inside /App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/DefaultTemplate\App_Themes. Then you have to register the theme in Settings >> Configuration >> Appearance >> Forntend themes

Sincerely yours,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi Ivan,

In BETA 4: I created a new template by copying the DefaultTemplate folder, keeping the complete file structure and editing the default.master and Layout.css.

I am able to add the template on the page and create a new theme, but when applying this to a page, the correct layout does not show.

Can you give me an example of what needs to be entered in the Path, Namespace and AssemblyInfo fields when creating a new Frontend theme?

Gr, Patrick

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Aug-2010 00:00

Hello PJulicher,

For Path enter the relative path to your theme - ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/DefaultTemplate/App_Themes/MyCustomTheme

Namespace and AssemblyInfo are used for embedded themes where all files are added as Embedded Resources in a class library.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Sep-2010 00:00

Hello,

The path you have posted does not seem to work. During new theme adding I have enter path like this:

"~/App_data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/DefaultTemplate/App_Themes/DefaultTheme/"

It seems OK but later, when I try to set this theme for template, I get DirectoryNotFoundException, and error like this:

"Could not find a part of path: 'C:\Projects\sitefinity4_test\Sitefinity\Template\~App_Data\Sitefinity\WebsiteTemplates\DefaultTemplate
\App_Themes\DefaultTheme\Global'"

It seems that sitefinity is looking for theme in ~/Sitefinity/Templates instead of ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates.
And it is not interpreting "~"

Regards,
Maciej.

Hi Maciej,

You should be able to set a theme over a page and templates without issues.  I am sending you a sample video.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Hi Majiec,

I managed to get my custom template working exactly as described by Ivan from Telerik.

Gr, Patrick

I think the bug described in my earlier post is connected with the project location (during project creation I selected different location for it). Later I created a second project and put it where the creator proposed, and the theme adding worked fine.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Sep-2010 00:00

Hello Maciej Skiba,

We have tested this on several projects - created in directories different the default one, also projects created on IIS. We were unable to reproduce the issue. Could you please double check it the paths you have been using are correct?

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed