Dual Authentication in Sitefinity

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:35

Dual Authentication in Sitefinity

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2010 00:00

I have a problem and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to get started.  I want to setup a sitefinity site to host our application's support website.  The trick here is that I want only logged in users to be able to access the site.  I want to be able to redirect them from our app (its a web app) to this application when they click on the help link.  I have messed around with putting it all under forms authentication but when I do that the user is then able to access the \sitefintiy directory.  Is there a way to require forms authentication twice in the same application?  Ideally I would like to use our authentication to allow a user into the site then Sitefinity authentication to allow the user into the admin part.  Some other ideas I thought about:

- Register every user in our app as a RO member in the sitefinity app (Can this be done programatically?)
- Can you change the authentication provider in sitefinity?

Any thoughts or suggestions to accomplish my goal?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2010 00:00

Hello Dave,

The easiest way to achieve this would be if you separate members into different roles. For example most of your roles would not have access to the Sitefinity backend, you will only provide permissions to access the back-end to a limited set of roles, for example content editors, administrators. The rest of the roles will only have permissions to view the public pages of Sitefinity.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Aug-2010 00:00

Can I tie sitefinity authentication in to what we already use for our site, or would I need to add a user to both Sitefinity as well as our application?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2010 00:00

Hello Dave,

If you use ASP.NET Membersip, Role and Profile providers you can add them to Sitefinity which will allow you to manage these user through Sitefinity's backend. Settings >>Configurations >> Security.

This will allow you to separate the users in roles and grant them with different permissions.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed