Web Site Project

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:31

Web Site Project

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2010 00:00

Hello,

I remember reading an earlier post somewhere about plans to release SF 4.0 with the option of running it as a Web Site Project. While I appreciate that for complex sites, an application project is the way to go, I, personally, love the ease of copying the Blank Project in 3.7 and creating on the fly. Are there still plans on releasing 4.0 as a WSP and if so, when?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2010 00:00

Hello KMac,

Sitefinity 4.0 BETA is currently released as a web application project, but you can easily convert it to website project. Our plans are to ship Sitefinity 4.0 as a web application project.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2011 00:00

this is an old thread but today I published a blog post with a walkthrough on converting the Sitefinity Non-Profit Starter Kit from a Web Application Project to a Web Site Project.

it's available here: http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/joshmorales/posts/11-03-09/followup_converting_sitefinity_4_web_application_projects_to_web_site_projects.aspx

Should be useful for any one (like me!) who prefers to work with web sites rather than web applications :)

This thread is closed