Error with editing RadGrid

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 02:53

Error with editing RadGrid

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2010 00:00

Hello,

I dropped an radgrid into my page and when I pressed the edit button I got the "Object does not match target type" error. Please see the attached screenshot for a full stack trace.

Regards,

Hi Sonu Kapoor,

We are not able to reproduce this issue as described using Sitefintiy BETA version. Could you provide some steps that we could follow to replicate the issue. Have you populated the control with data or you are just dragging and dropping it on a  page.

Sincerely yours,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi,

I did not populate the control with any data. I also had a Category control and a news control on the same page. Maybe the combination caused the exception?

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2010 00:00

Hello Sonu Kapoor,

I added these controls on the same page, but the issue did not appear for me. If you can provider the exact steps you are following I will give a try.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Sep-2010 00:00

Did you ever resolve this Sonu?  I get the same error.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Oct-2010 00:00

I'm also receiving the same error...developing on Windows 7 if that helps at all. I added some of the other RadControls and don't get this error.

Hi Philip,

Could you send a sample of the control you are adding on a page?

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

I didn't create a control actually...I was just using the basic RadGrid that is available in the widgets panel. I dragged it to a Page that doesn't have any other controls or any configuration whatsoever, so there couldn't be any conflict.

I'm having lots of other issues though and I haven't even started designing anything. I'm thinking something is going on with the way I created the site. I used the File System option and I'm thinking I should try creating a local IIS site instead.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Oct-2010 00:00

Hello Philip,

I reproduced the issue and it will be logged for fixing.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2010 00:00

I have had the same problem...

Ivan... will this be fixed by the release candidate?

I am debating on whether to purchase sitefinity or another CMS provider and this is one feature that is a requirement to be able to use on our websites.  I just would love to be able to see the actual functionality of how the binding and inserting/updating/deleting functions work to see if it will work for us.

Thanks!

Hi Michael,

The issues has been logged for fixing, but its current status is "not done".  We will spend more time on investigating the issue after the release candidate, because the fix is not trivial.

Sincerely yours,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Ivan,

Thanks for the response... However, how can I see how the databinding is handled from within Sitefinity prior to your final release?

I need to make a decision on my CMS provider prior to the final release in order to take advantage of 3.7 pricing, but definitely need to understand how this is handled before making that decision.

Any suggestions ?

Anyone available that could demo that to me?

thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello Michael Waters,

Thank you for getting back to us.

For a sample on Grid binding you can take a look at the Sitefinity SDK Jobs Module. We have a grid which is populated with items from the Documents content.

Sincerely yours,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2011 00:00

Any follow up on this problem? I have the same problem running the new 4.0 release. It complains when I dropped int a grid and tried to click 'edit'. It is just a simple operation of create a test page and drop in the control. What went wrong?

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Michael,

The issue is still not resolved. You can create a simple user or custom control that wraps RadGrid and expose the properties you need. You should bind the control on the client ( client side binding).

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed